Reels - Hardy Bros. ReelsBack to Products
Hardy Bros. Perfect Diamond Jubilee Reel
In 1912, Hardy Bros. introduced a new and improved variation of their ‘floating pawl' check and regulator system into their already famous Perfect reels.
This new variation on the ‘floating pawl' system has since become widely known as the ‘1912 pattern check' and was incorporated into all Hardy Perfect reels made between late 1911 and the latter part of 1916.
It is widely regarded as the most visual and wide ranging check system that Hardy Bros have ever made; the original's being highly sought after on the secondary market.
100 years on, here at Hardy Bros we have decided to incorporate this ‘1912 pattern check' into a Limited Edition run of 250 reels which commemorate The Queen's Diamond Jubilee, the 140th anniversary of Hardy Bros., and marking 100 years since the introduction of the ‘1912 pattern check'.
- Designed, developed and manufactured at Hardy Bros., Alnwick England
- Limited edition of 250 reels worldwide
- 3 1/4 inch model
- Hand assembled and inspected by Hardy Master Reelmakers
- Frame and spool from Aluminium Bar Stock 6061 series
- Red agate line guard set in a handmade nickel silver housing
- Ivorine type handle
- Wide ranging world renowned Trout Click Check system
- Based on the ‘Perfect' 1912 check system
- Anodised ‘Diamond' Silver hand polished finish
- Hard Black Leather ‘Made in England' Horseshoe reel case
- Hand polished plate, frame and spool
- Special commemorative engraving on the Winding Plate
- Red agate line-guard set in a handmade nickel silver bezel
- 2 holes series/1912 hole pattern on spool
- 4 hand browned screws securing the Reel back
- Strap over tension adjusting bridge
- Check system secured in place with hand browned screws
- Hand blued tongue bridge
- Winding Plate runs on 15 ball bearings
- Avaliable in right or left hand wind - this reel is not interchangeable between LHW and RHW
- Supplied with a commemorative limited edition collectors ‘Hardy Bros' medallion
The Diamond Jubilee - Celebrating 60 years as Monarch
Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II came to the throne on 6 February 1952 and her coronation took place on 2 June 1953 in Westminster Abbey. The ceremony was broadcast on radio around the world and, at The Queen's request, on television for the first time.
The Queen celebrated her Silver Jubilee (25 years) in 1977 and her Golden Jubilee (50 years) in 2002. The only other British monarch to reach this remarkable landmark was Queen Victoria in 1897.
This limited edition reel is just one of the many activities to mark the occasion; a Diamond Jubilee Pageant will take place at Windsor Castle in May 2012, followed by a range of events over the holiday weekend in June, including a River Pageant on the Thames and the lighting of 2012 beacons throughout the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth.
Find out more about the Jubilee celebrations at http://www.royal.gov.uk/
|Jubilee Perfect Reel - Left Hand Wind||HRP260L|
|Jubilee Perfect Reel - Right Hand Wind||HRP260|